Friday, July 4, 2008

Thing 23

Wow.. I've reached the end of my '23 things' journey - what an amazing trip! :o) Thanks Jason for the wonderful program you put together for us. It was defintely worth the effort...

Now to the 'nitty grittty' of what I thought about the technologies... I will group them in to two categories - what I will continue to use personally and what is useful for the library & librarians to use professionally.

Personally - I love......
Blogger - might create my own personal blog in the future...
iGoogle
Google tools - maps, earth, sky, docs
RSS feeds - library & personal interest info
YouTube
Browser extensions
Image generators & Flickr


Professionally - It would be beneficial to use the following:
Library blog/s - Liaison areas and general promotional activities
Library wiki/s - for Subject links or LINs
Library podcasts/vodcasts - then add vodcasts to YouTube?
Delicious - organising bookmarks across campuses
Image generators for blog / wiki - to make it interesting and fun!
YouTube - use videos for classes?
RSS feeds - to use on online subject resource guide - i.e: updates of articles/information in databases on related subjects.
Flickr - to add promotional photos of library

In concluding this post, I would like to say that I really enjoyed the format of this training program. The fact that we could play around with different technologies at our own pace was a rewarding experience. I don't know how many times in the past I've bothered a colleague to help me with this type of stuff - now I can do it all by myself!! Yeah! Infact, if another program (similar to this) was developed I'd give it a go!! :o)

Over and out...... 5,4,3,2,1 Blast off!

No comments: