Thursday, May 1, 2008

Things 1,2 & 3

I’ve had a good squiz through the details of the program and using a little imagination this training should be lots of fun…

I really enjoyed learning about search plug-ins and adding them to my browser. I currently have ten available for use. They are: eBay, Wikipedia, Google, Amazon, our Library catalogue and journal search, YouTube, Yahoo, Live search and News Corp. Online.

In a nutshell - plug-ins make life easier for us library folk…

Being an IE girl (to the disgust of some…) I found adding the ‘add-ons’ to my browser a little challenging but I got there in the end. Some tried to convince me to use Firefox for this task but naturally I wanted to develop the browser I use most. Inlinesearch is a good add-on tool when searching in IE.

No comments: